Update: A winner has been chosen and notified via email! Please stay tuned for the next giveaway!
The Ammin Nut Company is a local (to me) company out of Durham, California that produces a variety of amazing products. I was fortunate enough to have been introduced to Ammin Nuts products prior to the start of Paleo Slow Cooking and I can not say enough about how great their products are. In fact this is the only brand of almond butter that Kayden will eat. The taste/flavor is hands down the best I’ve had. I even had my mother in-law do a blind taste test with Ammin Nuts Almond Butter and the Trader Joes brand. Lets just say that Ammin Nut products speak for themselves and the Trader Joes Almond Butter used to be my mother in-laws favorite! No, I am not being paid to endorse their products….this is my honest opinion.
I use Ammin Nut products in a few recipes in my book. One of my favorite dessert recipes in Paleo Slow Cooking is my Chocolate Almond Butter Swirl Brownies. For today’s giveaway one lucky person will be randomly chosen to receive a gift basket from Ammin Nut and a signed copy of Paleo Slow Cooking: Gluten Free Recipes Made Simple. Please leave a comment for your chance to win and if you would be so kind to “like” Paleo Slow Cooking on Amazon I would greatly appreciate it. This giveaway will end at 12 pm PST on Friday, September 21st and the winner will be notified via email. Thank you and enjoy your brownies!
Chocolate Almond Butter Swirl Brownies
3/4 cup Ammin Nut Almond Flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
3 tablespoons Ammin Nut Chunky Almond Butter
1. In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the melted coconut oil and honey, and stir well.
3. Add the vanilla to the wet ingredients.
4. When the coconut oil has cooled, add the eggs.
5. Combine the wet and dry mixtures, stirring well.
6. Add the dark chocolate chips.
7. Line your slow cooker with parchment paper (see tip below), and add the brownie mixture.
8. Drop the almond butter on top of the brownie mixture. (You can use more if you want.)
9. Using a knife, swirl the almond butter throughout the brownie mixture.
10. Place the lid on the slow cooker, and cook on low for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Note: You can also bake these in the oven. To do so, follow the above instructions, but pour the batter into an 8×8 glass baking dish greased with coconut oil. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 ̊F.
How to line your slow cooker with parchment paper:
1) Tear off a piece of parchment paper that is slightly bigger than the top of your slow cooker.
2) Cut the parchment paper starting at the corner cutting towards the center of the paper. In each corner make about a 4-6 inch long cut. (Note this will vary depending on the size and shape of your slow cooker).
3) After cutting all four corners, lay the parchment paper over the top of your slow cooker. Press the parchment paper down into the base of the stoneware. You may have to cut a little more of the paper to get it to lay flat.
4) Fold/crease the paper to smooth out the edges of the parchment paper. Trim the edges of the parchment paper if you have a lot of excess paper hanging over the top to ensure that the lid will fit correctly on the slow cooker.